2 lies and 1 truth - the results!!
First…the items that are true.
2. In middle school I got a lot of nose bleeds so decided I had scurvy.
*My neighbor grew up thinking “sickendied” was a disease.
I do weird things
2. I blow in a wine glass before I pour into it.
3. I made up a fake email address to send secret admirer notes to a crush in high school.
1. I have cried during a Keanu Reeves movie.
*If you can watch “Hardball” without crying you have no soul. I’m still embarrassed by this
There’s no place like home
1, My hometown’s slogan is “Ahead of the Curve” referencing a slight curve in a freeway.
3. I am taller than the rest of my immediate family.
Gadgets and Gizmos a Plenty
2. My favorite electronic in my bedroom is my alarm clock.
1. I carry 8 forms of payment in my wallet.
*Cash, debit card, 3 work credit cards (all for different things) 2 personal credit cards and an FSA Debit card.
2. I love Seinfeld’s stand-up but can’t stand the TV show.
1. The Mariners are my favorite baseball team
The winner is Michelle1122!!!! She got all but one correct. WOW. Let me know if you want an Amazon or Target gift card!
I saw this on someone else’s blog and thought it sounded fun.
Read each section of 3 statements. 2 are lies, 1 is the truth.
Comment with your answers of which one you think is the truth (such as 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1).
The first person to get all of the answers correct wins a $20 gift certificate to either Target or Amazon (your choice).
Contest ends tomorrow at 5pm PST.
- As a kid I thought there was a disease called “sickendied” because I would hear people say “He got sick and died.”
- In middle school I got a lot of nose bleeds so decided I had scurvy.
- I am deathly allergic to walnuts, almonds and peanuts.
I do weird things
- I use the same bathroom stall and sink at work each day.
- I blow in a wine glass before I pour into it.
- When I can’t sleep, I try to think of a song that starts with a, then b, etc.
- I have written a letter professing my love to Mark Paul Gosselaar and received an autographed picture in response.
- I accidently emailed a work crush telling him about my big crush on him (intended for a different coworker)
- I made up a fake email address to send secret admirer notes to a crush in high school.
- I have cried during a Keanu Reeves movie.
- I was an extra in the movie “10 Things I Hate About You”.
- I own over 200 DVDs.
There’s no place like home
- My hometown’s slogan is “Ahead of the Curve” referencing a slight curve in a freeway.
- My hometown has a silent “T”.
- My hometown is mentioned in a Sir Mix-A-Lot song.
- My dad is the youngest of 7 children.
- My mom was Miss Washington when she was 22.
- I am taller than the rest of my immediate family.
Gadgets and Gizmos a Plenty
- I own a Wii that I have never used (or turned on).
- My favorite electronic in my bedroom is my alarm clock.
- All my kitchen appliances are Kitchen Aid (including the large appliances)
- I carry 8 forms of payment in my wallet.
- I have a huge Diet Coke bottle piggy bank that I put all my change in. I roll it once a year and have over $150 rolled inside
- I inherited a large sum of money at age 19 which led to me dropping out of college and travelling around the country.
- I have seen my favorite comedian perform in 5 different states.
- I love Seinfeld’s stand-up but can’t stand the TV show.
- I recently got into performing stand-up comedy and did my first open mic last week.
- The Mariners are my favorite baseball team
- The Seahawks are my favorite football team
- The Sounders are my favorite soccer team
My boss and I went through travel schedules this morning.
The next 3 months will be steady travel, but at least it’s not non-stop like the last 2 years.
#funfact: In the next 11 weeks, I will only be in Seattle for 2 Tuesdays. (why I notice things like that is beyond me.)
If you are in:
- New Jersey
- Ontario, California (Ontario, CA doesn’t really narrow that one down, eh?)
- Oakland/San Fran
- San Antonio
You should let me know so we can hang out.
This is a little… weird and gives some mental images so there’s a break.
Read more …
Maybe I should style my hair more often.
Comedy show tonight with the girls!! :)
I’m sleepy but I wanted to post before I pass out.
Yesterday my eating was on POINT. And I went to kickboxing-it was effing hard. This was definitely the hardest instructor I’ve had there. He was funny, though, he made comments like “hope you’re ready to buy some new jeans cause we’re working that ass!!!” and….that made me laugh. :)
Today my eating was good, but I had sushi for dinner and definitely went over on calories. Boo. But the rest of the day was great.
I saw Gatsby! It was good! I’d recommend it. I really want to put my monogram all over my house now.
Someone stole my string cheese out of the fridge at work today. Not cool. I kept saying “the string cheese incident” and no one got the reference. Sad.
Starting C25k tomorrow and am going to attempt some kettle bell swings. Whooooo.
The view from my new desk. Yeah, this’ll work.
Yay!! No more brace face!!!!
Aww hey look - I look tan.
But oh well.
This week has been pretty…normal.
Time with family, working out, eating better, etc.
My brother is in town and N2 is pretty happy about it
Today was my last day at my current job before I move into a new role. I am super (duper) excited to not be on that team any more - it’s pretty much the biggest weight off my shoulder imaginable.
Tonight my sister and I went to get my mom’s Mother’s Day gifts (we’re planners. 2 days in advance? #boom) Then….I went shopping.
I’d “chub-rubbed” through 2 pairs of jeans so replaced those and then got some new tops. I needed them. It was harsh on the wallet, but it’s practical stuff that will help me feel comfortable while I’m trying to lose weight.
Oh, speaking of weight, my goal for this week (and the weeks in the future) is 2 pounds. I HIT IT THIS WEEK! :) YAY!
So tonight my life looks like this:
Grey’s from last night, white zin and some photo editing. It’s a good night.
PS. The part of greys with Kepner and the music? OMG.
I have been doing pretty well tracking food and sticking to my calorie limit (1600) on MyFitnessPal.
Tonight I had 507 calories left for dinner. I knew I was going out to eat with my family and was a bit nervous, but I figured I would do my best.
They decided to go to Dairy Queen. Yikes.
BUT! I stayed under!!! Grilled Chicken sandwich with no mayo and a small ice cream cone and I ended up with 7 calories left. And I didn’t feel deprived. I’m trying to factor any “splurges” into my daily calories to avoid going too crazy with the “well I’m already over” line of thinking.
Now onto tomorrow. :)
38 Common Spelling & Grammar Errors by Mental_Floss
If only all of Tumblr could watch this.
“Until she fully believes that you understand the extent to which you have hurt her, she will never have the ability to forgive you. She will never be able to rebuild trust. She will never be able to rebuild a relationship in any extent.” - Dr. Phil.
I literally just heard that from the other room and dropped was I was holding to get to the TV to rewind and listen to that again.
I think I need to print that out and mail it to people in my life.
It’s been a weird day.